Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey: Activity 2

If I was set on a voyage to NZ, I'd send a letter to my friend telling them what it felt like. The letter would say:

Dear Friend,

Now I am on the Waka. I've left my home, which is a bit sad. Memories stay, but I shall go. I'm already missing my home. Feeling nervous, but at least it's worth it. Or it better be... I don't see hope, but I do see mist.

Few hours later.
In those few hours, I couldn't find anything to write about. There's just mist, clouds, water and... New Zealand! At last, I have made it. Not much around here. In the last few minutes, it's been a bumpy ride, but I have managed to stay aboard my waka. Winds blew, mist cleared, and arrived again. Well, Here I am. In New Zealand. I shall settle here and search for the rest of the people. If there is any people, if not, it is truly hopeless, and there is never a way back. Not in this condition of weather... I'll just have to see if this mist clears up tomorrow. And check if there are no strong winds.

I hope you get this message, and try to send me a reply...
Yours sincerely, Tara.

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Tara!

    Another brilliant post for the SLJ!!! Ka pai Tara, ka pai!

    You have written a wonderful letter. I love the fact you have written it as though you are one of the first settlers in New Zealand “Yours sincerely” Fantastic! I feel like I am reading an old letter sent to a dear from in the 1800s!!

    You have talked about your feelings, your environment and given the reader an idea of what it might look like to be on that waka with you. I would call this a very unique piece of creative writing!

    Has anyone travelled with you? Or have you been super brave and journeyed across the ocean on your own?

    Ka pai for having a perfect title “Summer Learning Journey: Activity 2”

    Cadence :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora back to you, Cadence!
      Thank you for your lovely comment. I haven't journeyed across the ocean by myself, but I went on a canoe once with my Dad. Thanks for sharing, I'm moving onto my next post about the Wharepuni.

      From Tara.

      Delete
  2. Hey Tara

    You have used some great vocabulary in this piece of writing. I like the bit when it says " Memories stay, but I shall go". I think this is a great piece of writing.

    Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Tara

    My name is Jolie and I go to Glen Innes School,I am also doing the summer Learning Journey which means that I can see more of your amazing work. What was your favourite part about this activity? Why?. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete