Pages

Monday 11 December 2017

Horse Riding at Sonshine Ranch

11/11/17 Horse Riding


I got a lift up onto my horse, Zu. Zu was a grey horse, with darker grey
spots surrounding the bottom of the horse. After I got on, I held the reins
tightly, but low. My toes go through the stirrups. I tap the side of the horse
softly, making it move. Excitement started to fill, as my horse trotted
out of the stable. Zu almost starts to gallop. It almost bumps into
Juliet (Mia’s Horse), who slowly trots on the gravel ground.
My horse wouldn’t stop, only if I sat up and held the reins back. Which
is what I did most of the time. I had a sudden feeling of fright, as we trot
up the hill. I felt as if I was going to fall back onto the ground. I try not
to look back, but I only catch a tiny glimpse of Alyssa on her horse
behind me. I see the other horses heading back to the stables.
Zu tries to cut in front of other horses because he went to fast, which
was the reason I stopped Zu most of the time. My horse almost went
as fast as a cheetah. The ride felt so short, but Mia had told me
it was a long time, and I hadn’t realised. I had never been able
to actually control my own horse, so I felt happy, and very excited
to ride my horse. It felt great at first, but later it felt as amazing as ever.
My horse kept bobbing up and down when it trots. When my horse
started to speed up, a breeze runs through me like a ghost. The ride
felt so much better in the breeze, since the sun had burnt me down
before I mounted my horse. At the end, I dismount my horse. I felt
amazed at what had just happened. I was now feeling confident,
since before I got a bit scared before I mount my horse. It was
so amazing. I wish I could own a horse myself.


The end.

(WALT: Describe one of the photos taken at Sonshine Ranch)

No comments:

Post a Comment