Pages

Monday 24 December 2018

WK1 D3 A3 - 'The WWF - World Wildlife Fund'

The WWF

World Wildlife Fund

The WWF Panda logo doesn't mean the Panda is the main animal they are saving. The WWF is actually saving many animals such as Tigers, Polar Bears, Giant Pandas, Sea Turtles, Seals, Elephants, Rhinos, Whales, and even Gorillas. You can actually adopt a fluffy Panda toy to help save them. Amazing, right? I'll be talking about the Tigers.

(I got a bit confused on this activity, so I just decided to choose one animal they are saving.)

What is the WWF doing to help the Tigers?
The WWF is helping protect their habitat because they need lots of space to roam around, and it will help the other endangered animals there, too. To protect one tiger, they need to conserve around 25,000 acres of forest. The Tigers help us have a healthy ecosystem, so saving tigers would help us. They are also helping around at Thirty Hills, one of the last places on Earth where elephants, tigers, and orangutans coexist in the wild!

What success have they had protecting the Tiger?
The WWF has been capturing photos and videos of the Tigers, so they can keep track of how many there are and such. Don't worry, it isn't harming the wildlife. The WWF is currently clearing more space for the tigers. You can what they are working on here.

Hi, Merry Christmas to all of you guys, I hope you enjoy your day. For this activity I had to find an animal they were working on helping, and then what they are doing to help them, and to finish it off, the success they have had protecting it. This activity took very long. Not surprising, I guess.
Anyway, I hope you leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora, Tara!

    Thanks for completing another Summer Learning Journey activity, 'The WWF: World Wildlife Fund', and for giving us SO much information about the WWF! This is another exceptional blog post— I like how you've started it by telling your readers about the extensive list of creatures the WWF are working to help save, well done!

    Thanks for telling us about the habitat of the tigers— what's the specific name for the tiger, though? 25,000 acres of forest is HUGE! I really enjoy how you've told us about Thirty Hills— I had no idea that there were so few places where these creatures co-exist so thank you for educating me. How do you think the WWF are helping the tigers? You say that they're taking photos and videos and keeping track of them, but how does this benefit the tigers?

    I look forward to your response!

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Jordan,
      I'm glad you noticed that I have provided lots of information. So thank you! There are many specific Tigers that the WWF was working to save, Tigers such as the Sumatran, Amur, Bengal, Indochinese, South China, and Malayan Tiger! I'm glad I taught you something new! I think the photos and videos might help in case they see an injured tiger, and maybe to also keep track of how many are left just so they don't go extinct.

      Have a great day!
      Tara

      Delete