Pages

Sunday 23 December 2018

SLJ WK1 D2 A1 - 'Giants Among Us'


Giants Among Us

If I had the chance to visit Tane Mahuta, I would.
I know I'm lazy most of the time, but if I had been given the chance I would go. (I mean, depends on my mood sometimes.) But seeing a special tree in real life would be so amazing. You could take photo's if you like. I would enjoy actually leaving my house for once and going somewhere like that. I don't know about you, but I would enjoy that all the way.
Maybe I'd get hungry, tired, or thirsty at one point, but I mean, pfft, thats normal for me.

For this activity we had to write about if we wanted to go visit Tane Mahuta, and why or why not. I hope you leave a comment. Have a really nice day!

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora, Tara

    Well done for completing another Summer Learning Journey related activity, 'Giants Among Us', and for telling us whether or not you'd like to visit the historic kauri tree, Tāne Mahuta. You've got a great sense of humour— I see that Rachel has already told you this, but you deserve to be told again! That's fair enough that it would depend on your mood, we need to be able to gauge whether, mentally, we feel like endeavouring out of the house. But it is always so worth while, especially if it were to see such a magnificent tree such as Tāne Mahuta. Did you know that Tāne Mahuta is an atua (a Māori god)? He's the atua of the forest and is responsible for everything that resides within it including the trees and the birds.
    Do you know any Māori mythology?

    Keep up the great mahi, Tara!

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Jordan,
      Another activity down! Thanks for the compliment, I didn't know I was that funny, and I'm glad I deserve to be told this again. I'm usually the person that wants to see it, but hates having to get there, so it would probably take some convincing to get me to leave. So I am glad that you agree. And I didn't know Tane Mahuta was a Maori god, thanks for telling me, I learn something new everyday! I don't do many research on Maori Mythology, so sadly, I don't know any. But I'm glad you left a comment on my post, have a nice day!
      Tara

      Delete