Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

WK1 D5 A3 - 'Going, going, gone...'

Going, going, gone...

NZ in 2018

It just happens to be 2019, oops, so it's the (latest) perfect time to describe NZ. Here is the description I wrote:

NZ is an interesting country. There are lovely waterfalls and mountains, along with tall trees. The NZ Native Forests look amazing, with plants like ferns. There are birds like Fantails, Pukeko, and Kiwis too. There are amazing beaches there, like Hot Water Beach. At low tide there are a few shellfish around for you to grab, unless a sign says not to. You can eat Fish & Chips, since there is usually a place to buy some nearby. Theres also a place in NZ that has the longest name in the world. I enjoy living in NZ, I would be very sad if it just so happened to sink to the bottom of the ocean in the next week.

Here is picture of one of the NZ Native forests:

Forest near Hahei, Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand
(Credit to 123RF for the photo)

5 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Tara,

    Well done on completing this Summer Learning Journey activity, 'Going, going, gone.' You've described New Zealand in a great light, detailing the flora and the fauna of the land. I enjoy how you've included some of our native birds, they are essential when describing the native forests. Fantail's are my favourite New Zealand bird species, do you have a favourite species native to New Zealand? Hot Water Beach is a great attraction in New Zealand, it would be such a shame to see it sink to the bottom of the ocean. We better do everything we can to protect out environment and prevent disasters from happening. (Ps. Nice work attributing your images.)

    I look forward to reading more of your great blog posts.
    Thanks,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jordan,
      Thanks for commenting, and noticing the details I put in. I love Fantail's too, though I rarely see them, they look pretty cool! I would hate for Hot Water Beach to sink to the bottom of the ocean, Its a great beach. I've made so many memories there. I agree, we need to do what we can to protect ourselves and our environment.

      Have a great day,
      Tara

      Delete
  2. Hello Tara,
    I am Vitaraag. You included some very specific details which is very impressive. It would be a very sad moment if it were to sink to the bottom of the ocean. I have one question. What would you do if it were to sink to the bottom of the ocean?

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Vitaraag,
      Thank you for commenting on my post, and noticing what I had written. If NZ were to sink to the bottom of the ocean, I would probably freak out, screaming all over the place. There would be no way for me to stay calm during a situation like that. I hope you have a great year!

      Tara

      Delete
  3. Hello Tara,
    NZ is indeed a very interesting and unique country that is so peaceful. Your writing is so descriptive and accurate to our beloved place, it can not get any better.

    It would be the end of the world for me if the hot water beach would sink to the bottom of the ocean because it is one of the best hightlights of 2017 for me. We have many animals and trees that do not grow or live in any other country, and bizarre foods like fish ad chips like you have stated. Kiwi birds, silver ferns, tall trees and beautiful mountains.

    Are you from NZ?

    Happy Blogging
    Gargee HPS
    hpsgargeej.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete