Pages

Thursday 11 January 2018

Silent Films?

There are silent films such as The Gold Rush. I watched the trailer, and they are completely silent! Even in the real film, there's only music playing in the background. The film was called, 'The Gold Rush - Roll Dance.' It had a man at the table with some people. Then he grabbed a fork and stuck it into something, then he did the same with another fork. He pretended the forks were legs and the things at the end were shoes! he started making them do a little dance. He made the legs go to the side, made them kick up, do the splits, it was so silly. He also pretended his head was the head for the legs he made. After that, he faints, and then it skips forward and his head is on the table and nobody is there. I think I'd watch a silent film, they are actually quite funny.

The end.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Tara,

    Thank you for such a descriptive summary of Charlie Chaplin’s silent film "The Gold Rush - Roll Dance". I'm going to be honest with you Tara, this is the best summary for this activity I've seen yet, and I've been working across a few clusters in New Zealand. A huge well done!

    I like how you've described the scene of Charlie Chaplin playing with his fork; he sounds incredibly silly and hilarious. Charlie Chaplin was such a talented comic and an inspirational human; did you know that he pushed for equality? He's a renowned humanitarian!

    If you were to make a silent film, what would it be about?

    Keep up the great mahi!

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Jordan,

      Wow, thanks! I didn't think I did that well. I like your positive comment you wrote. Also, I never knew he pushed for equality! Thanks for telling me new things, I like learning things I never knew before. If I made a silent film, it would be just like The Gold Rush. I would have a clumsy man like Charlie Chaplin doing funny dances! Then he falls over and gets back up. When he gets back up, he faces the wrong way and starts dancing. I would love being a director of a silent film, I would make it really funny for viewers to enjoy. Again, thanks for positive feedback, I really appreciate it.

      Can't wait to post more,

      Tara

      Delete
  2. Hi Tara!

    I’m so excited to see you actively blogging and replying to the Kootuitui teams comments consistently! I reckon that deserves some extra points!

    It seems like you really enjoyed this activity. Did it encourage you to watch any more of Charlie Chaplin’s films? I thought I’d show you one I thought was very funny. Let me know what you think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_1apYo6-Ow

    Keep up the great work!

    Cadence :)

    ReplyDelete