Pages

Thursday 11 January 2018

Allowing Women to Vote In Saudi Arabia

I don't think it's fair that those women in Saudi Arabia wanted to vote, but couldn't until 2015! That  must've been a long wait, since NZ was the first country to allow women to vote. They should be voting if they want. Maybe the women didn't like who won the election. I think they should've got the right to vote earlier, because the whole of Saudi Arabia should get a better country, not just the men who live there. Like I said before, the women might not like who won the election, so they wouldn't get a better country. That's why I think it's not fair that the women of Saudi Arabia had to wait a long time to get the right to vote.

The end.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Tara,

    I hope you're having a lovely holiday and that you were well prepared for the storm that hit Auckland last week.
    Thanks for telling us how you feel about women in Saudi Arabia not being allowed to vote until 2015. I agree with you, it's totally unfair and goes against equality. Equality is so vital in our world today and any parliament that operates with inequality is only expressing what one portion of the population thinks and wants.
    However, I do think that the issue in Saudi Arabia has a lot to do with their culture and their religion, which is sometimes difficult for us in the Western world to understand.

    We are so fortunate to live in this peaceful and progressive country. We're considered to be "the Swiss of the South" which I think is pretty cool.

    Maybe next time you could add some pictures to your blog post to help your wonderful words stand out!

    Keep up the great work Tara :)

    Cheers,

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Jordan,

      I am having a lovely holiday. But, I wasn't prepared for the storm. Overnight, it blew my trampoline across the road! It's all taken apart, but we can put it back together. Anyway, I didn't know we're considered to be 'The Swiss of the South.' I will add more pictures next time to make my posts stand out more.

      Can't wait to post,

      Tara

      Delete