Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2019

Balancing Butterflies

Today for STEAM we were balancing butterflies that we made using a printed paper butterfly, card, scissors, crayon, tape, match stick, and two paper clips. You cut out the card and the butterfly and make sure they are the same shape. Glue them together, color it in, and tape the match stick to the body. Add the paper clips on the corner of the wings, and viola! Try to balance it on your finger! (TIP: Bend the wings to balance it better)
Reflection:
I think that this went really well, it was such a fun activity and I enjoyed it a lot! My favorite part was finally being able to balance it on my finger. It looked really cool! I was able to balance the butterfly. I think it was pretty cool how it was able to balance just on the tip of my finger. I think that its balancing because the paper clips put enough weight for it to balance. That's all!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora. I am Morgan from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked that you showed a pic of your learning
    I learnt that you can balance a butterfly on you finger
    Maybe you could put more informatoion
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Morgan,
      Thanks for checking out my blog and the positive feedback. I'm glad that you learnt something new. I could try to add more information next time, thanks! I'll check out your blog.

      Have a nice day,
      Tara

      Delete